Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Set them free, let them fly.....

Letting you go just because you are 18 is akin to me driving to the middle of nowhere, stopping the car, pushing you out and hoping and praying you will find your way back.  It is something I am supposed to do, but it is the most difficult thing ever.  It would be easier to cut my arm open and let the blood drain out slowly.  I did not go through this with my mother so I can't go back and remember how I felt.  I just know how I feel now.  I keep hearing "you have to let them go" and all I can say is "I can't."  I don't know how.  I want to hold her tight to know she is safe and protect her always.  Isn't that what moms are supposed to do?

Set them free, let them fly, watch them fall and get back up again.  The  most difficult thing I have ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment